Junior Legal Counsel - Back Office
Learnlight is an EdTech company that provides language, intercultural and soft skills training to leading companies and organizations around the world. We deliver blended virtual, blendedâ€¯â€¯
face-to-face, and digital solutions to 100,000 learners in 1500 clients across 150 countries.â€¯We specialize in the digital transformation of learning programs and the empowerment of talent to excel in an increasingly complex global environment.â€¯
Learnlight has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated Legal Counsel Junior to become part of a collaborative in-house legal team.
In the Legal Team, we are passionate about enabling Learnlight success, while building a strong foundation for the future. We strive to provide thoughtful and pragmatic counsel and to minimize risks as we support the business opportunities. We thrive by working together to solve complex challenges, supporting and learning from each other, and having fun!
The Legal Counsel Junior will support the Head of Legal, in structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, and may have additional responsibilities as needed in support of Learnlightâ€™s business.
- Draft, advise and review contracts and agreements to support sales teams and handle legal issues with supervision.
- Legal advice to corporate teams and different geographies at Learnlight. Participate in cross-regional team projects.
- Exercise creativity and resourcefulness in resolving legal matters effectively and efficiently.
- Provide legal advice identifying legal issues within the business and provides legal analyses and legal solutions.
- Ensure compliance and work closely with data privacy and security experts.
- Deliver training sessions to the sales teams.
- Conduct various legal projects and other duties as assigned.
Competencies & Skills
- Business level English and Spanish essential (C1); Other languages are a plus.
- Hard working, team player, multi-tasker and proactive.
- Ability to working with volumes of documentation, methodical and rigorous.
- Strong ability to adapt in a quickly changing business environment with a large volume of deals, and ready to go the extra mile when needed. Calm under pressure and practical.
- Client-oriented, highly responsive, resilient, committed and with a desire to work in a high-energy, sales-oriented culture. Work collaboratively across other teams.
- Knows how to tailor escalations appropriately with thoughtful initial recommendations. Be able to balance working independently with minimal supervision yet working closely and collaboratively with the legal team
- Excellent judgement and knows how to prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-based and demanding work environment.
- Have exceptional communication skills (written and oral), with the ability to discuss legal subject matter with non-attorneys.
Education & Experience
- Bachelorâ€™s in law (or local country equivalent)
- At least 1 year experience (internships or labor relationship) in law firm and/or in-house legal department reviewing and drafting commercial agreements and professional services agreements. Experience in supporting sales departments is a plus.
- People-Powered Culture: We have a flat, modern, meritocratic culture that values enthusiasm,â€¯initiativeâ€¯and commitment above all else.â€¯â€¯
- Flexible Working:â€¯Learnlightâ€¯is a fully distributed virtual business with staff in 30 countries and offices in 9 European cities, so you get to choose where you work.â€¯â€¯â€¯â€¯â€¯â€¯
- Learning & Development:â€¯Personalizedâ€¯language and soft skills training;â€¯ongoing professional development talks and masterclasses; frequent coachingâ€¯and constructive feedback.â€¯â€¯â€¯â€¯â€¯â€¯â€¯
- Diversity & Inclusion:â€¯Learnlightâ€¯fosters an open, positive, and diverse community which welcomes talent regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation,â€¯ageâ€¯or disability.â€¯â€¯â€¯â€¯â€¯
- Community Events: We offer a range of social events including Virtual Drinks, Book Club,â€¯Tea Time, and in-person departmental and All Company meetups.â€¯
- Location: Office based, Home based or mix
- Schedule: Monday to Thursday 09:00 â€“ 18:00, Friday 9:00-15:00
- Contract: Full-time (temporary with the possibility to extend)
Powered by JazzHR